Gray Jedi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artist of the Week #2

3 posters

Go down

Artist of the Week #2 Empty Artist of the Week #2

Post by {GJ}Riptide Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 pm

This week i'd figured i'd cover a band a little more well known. They are "America's Greatest Rock Band" Aerosmith. Aerosmith formed in 1970 with guitarist Joe Perry, bassist Tom Hamilton, singer Steve Tyler, drummer Joey Kramer and guitarist Ray Tabano, In 1971 Tabano was replaced by Brad Whitford. In 1972 they were signed to Columbia records. Aersomith is the best selling American rock band of all time having sold more then 150 million albums world wide. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on BillBoard Hot 100, 4 Grammy awards and 10 MTV Video Music Awards. In 2001 they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They are also 1 of 2 bands to have hit songs in the 70's,80's,90's and 2000's.

Their first album was self titled and released in 1973. This album was not a big success when it first came out but one of the albums people learned to love later on. In 1986 this album was certified 2 x Platinum. The first song i'll show is a single from their debut album and also happens to be one of the most well known songs in the world. "Dream On" was written by Steven Tyler and became their first big radio hit. "Dream On" is listed as one of The Rock and Roll's Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll, it is also ranked #172 on Rolling Stone's list of 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. It reached #6 on Billboard's Hot 100. It was also sampled by Eminem in the song "Sing for the Moment"

{GJ}Riptide
{GJ}Riptide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Artist of the Week #2 Empty Re: Artist of the Week #2

Post by (JOG)Sparta Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 pm

nice choice.
(JOG)Sparta
(JOG)Sparta

Back to top Go down

Post by {GJ}Riptide Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Second song is from their 2nd album "Get Your Wings". The album has been certified triple platinum as of 2001. The song is the lead single "Same Old Song and Dance".

{GJ}Riptide
{GJ}Riptide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhem Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm

these are really good songs and i just put some on my ipod lol.
Mayhem
Mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by {GJ}Riptide Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Aerosmith found success with their first two albums but it wasn't until their 3rd album came out that they blasted into the mainstream. "Toys in the Attic" is one of those legendary albums that everybody who likes music should listen to fully atleast once. Toys in the Attic has sold over 8 million copiesand was ranked at #229 on rolling stone's 500 greatest albums ever. It reached #11 on billboard's top 200. This is the lead single from Toys in the Attic, Sweet Emotion. And personally, this might be my favorite Aerosmith song. It's just a fun kickass rock song with a sweet riff

{GJ}Riptide
{GJ}Riptide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhem Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:12 pm

that is an other good song.
Mayhem
Mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by {GJ}Riptide Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 am

Alright again i'll do 2 in 1 since i missed a couple days. First song is the second single off the legendary Toys in the Attic album. It is one of the most beloved songs in rock n roll history, Walk This Way. Any rock band worth their salt has played this song live. Including a recent Steve Tyler/Carrie Underwood live performance at the AMC's. In 1977 it was #10 on billboard top 100. The most notable cover of walk this way is by Run DMC in which they did the video with Aerosmith.

The second song is the third single off their fourth album Rocks. Rocks was ranked #176 on rolling stone's 500 greatest albums of all time. As of 2001 Rocks is certified quadruple platinum. This album influenced rock legends such as Slash, Kurt Cobain, Nikki Sixx and James Hetfield. The song is Back in the Saddle.
{GJ}Riptide
{GJ}Riptide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by {GJ}Riptide Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:48 pm

This is the last song for aerosmith. In 1998 they released possibly the greatest ballad of all time as part of the soundtrack to the movie Armageddon. If you haven't heard this song before, theres something wrong with you. After 28 years of being a band they finally had a #1 song on the billboard 100, I don't wanna miss a thing.
{GJ}Riptide
{GJ}Riptide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down